This quilt has existed in my mind, & as a stack of fabric, for months (ever since I made these for Carissa). Over this past weekend, it very quickly became a quilt. It needed to be finished by today to present to my son’s kindy teacher, on their last school day together.
She is a true book-lover, so I used the “Book Club” design from Modern Quilt Workshop. The shelf heights & widths needed to be adjusted a bit to come out to the finished size I wanted (about 60″x75″). The sketch is pretty lame, but I really only did it to gauge if my updated measurements would still created a well-proportioned design. Originally, I planned to eliminate the tilted books, but I am so glad I went ahead with them. It sends a much clearer “bookshelf” vibe with the tilted books! The back includes a signature/note/drawing from each child in the class.
I was concerned about using a pattern, but it was not as painful as I imagined. It’s actually instructions rather than a true pattern – no templates, just measurements, & lots of leeway with the arrangement of the books.
As always, you can click on any picture to see it larger.